So I got a great start to week two! Got up at five, had a pre-workout yogurt snack, and hammered out that full body cardio! I’m not going to lie to you, it was marginally easier this week then it was last week, and I think that’s mostly because I now know that it’s the toughest one. I didn’t quite get all my food in today, I think I’m short a veggie serving, but I’m really not hungry so I’m not all that concerned.
So looking forward to tomorrow I am anxious to get my upper body workout in, and I already have a plan in place for our dinner out at the in laws.
Last week I shared my daily meal plan but I think this week I’m just going to share some recipes I love. One of my previous favorites that fit well in to the new diet plan was Strawberry Apple Salsa with Cinnamon Chips. It’s a nice healthy treat and also a great way to use up those extra tortillas after taco night. So here it is:
Strawberry Apple Salsa with Cinnamon (Sugar) Chips
Salsa (4 servings):
1 pound Strawberries
1 Tbsp Honey
- Wash strawberries and cut into small pieces
- Wash and core apple, and cut into small slices
- Combine apples, strawberries, and honey in a bowl to make salsa
*I find if the strawberries are sweet and you use a sweeter apple like gala or pink lady you can decrease the honey down to a tsp.
Corn or Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees
- In a small bowl or glass combine cinnamon and sugar (just as good without sugar if you are on 21 day fix)
- Lightly brush tortillas with water and then lightly sprinkle with cinnamon, or cinnamon sugar mixture
- Use a pizza cutter to slice the tortillas in to chip shapes. For 6” tortillas I usually cut into 4’s, and for 12” tortillas I’ll cut in to 8’s.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- 1 serving is 1 6” tortilla or ½ 12” tortilla
* I’ve done this with both corn and Whole Wheat Tortillas and the corn can end up a little chewy, so if you can handle the wheat that’s the way to go. These chips also freeze well.